DT50™ goes further than any other amplifier to produce the best amp tones. Many amplifiers offer either modeling technology or reconfigurable analog circuitry, but DT50 offers both to deliver something bigger than the sum of its parts. New HD modeling technology, a host of switchable analog components, and a simple and elegant 2-channel interface – DT50 guitar amplifiers are in a category all their own.
Brand-new Line 6 HD modeling technology fuels each Voicing's preamp and tone stack, and automatically pairs them with dynamic analog circuitry including tube configuration and negative feedback topology (courtesy of Reinhold Bogner's uniquely versatile 50-watt, EL34 power section). You get high amounts of negative feedback when you want your American clean tones to gleam and shine, zero negative feedback when you want your chimey English tones to sport their signature dynamics, and everything in between. All four Voicings deliver their heralded sonic signatures.
Get total analog reconfiguration with one touch. Any combination of Voicing, operating class and power tube mode can be assigned to either channel. For example, Channel A can be Voicing I/Class A/Pentode, and Channel B can be Voicing IV/Class AB/Triode. This streamlined and straightforward layout is free of complexity and learning curve, and is ideal for any gigging musician.
Sonic flexibility is a big part of the DT50 blueprint. Fortifying that concept is the behind-the-scenes communication between the tube sections and the HD amp modeling technology. Each one adapts and adjusts based on what the other is doing. For example, at high volumes the HD amp modeling technology “backs off” to allow for the natural power-tube distortion to take over and color the tone. At low volumes, the opposite happens. As a result, DT50 yields outstanding “sweet spot” tone at all volume levels.
• DT50 goes further than any other amplifier to produce great amp tones. Many amplifiers offer either modeling technology or reconfigurable analog circuitry, but DT50 offers both to deliver something bigger than the sum of its parts
• Reconfigurable analog circuitry: negative feedback loop, operating class (class A, class AB), power tube mode (pentode/triode); low-power mode; 2-channel design
• (2) 12AX7 preamp; (2) EL34 power amp; 12″ Custom Celestion® G12H90 speaker; 12″ Celestion® Vintage 30 speaker
• Front panel: (Channels A and B) Drive, Bass, Mid Treble, Presence, Reverb, Channel Volume; Channel switch; Voicing switch; Pentode/Tritode switch; Class A/Class AB switch; Master volume; Power; Standby
• Back panel: MIDI I/O; Channel footswitch input; L6 LINK™ in and out/thru; FX loop with Level control; Balanced direct out; Speaker outs (4 ohm, 8 ohm and 16 ohm)
Line 6Publication Date:
Guitar AmpsCloser Look